Lean Implementation through Pre-Configured Industry Solutions
In today's environment, software industry is coming up with innovating process such as 'Agile Methodology' & 'Lean Implementation' to complete implementation in a very short span of time. In essence all these methods are light-weight & work with short development cycles. The main concept of Lean is removing unwanted process/actions from an Implementation, i.e. everything that does not contribute to the customer value. Furthermore, according to lean the process should only be looked at from an end-to-end perspective to avoid sub optimization. There are several aspects through which Lean Implementation can be achieved by series of blog, in this blog let us discuss more about "Pre-Configured industry Solutions"
Pre- Configured Industry Solutions:
As Software implementations are getting matured, companies now expect a more "industrialized" (ITIL Standards) approach to Implementations. That's especially true, where large companies are in the process of implementing their solutions to take advantage of global standardization opportunities and newer functionality. In the case of young companies aspiring to be large, dominant players are also looking for ways to get more from their implementations faster. Both types of companies share a need for cost-effective ways of implementing Software solutions, using a predictable, and lower-risk approach that delivers solid ROI in the shortest time possible.
Developing Pre-Configured Industry Solutions
- To implement Pre-Configured Industry solution in a service industry, following are the process/approaches which we may need to take it up.
- Prepare Industry wise segmentation.
- Based on our experience & exposure to Project Implementation, gather all possible Business requirements based departments.
- If possible perform geography wise industry approach & understanding.
- Evaluate & Propose System solution against the respective business process. It includes Process solutions, Reports, Dashboard, KPIs etc.
- Now based on these details, we need to prepare Pre-Configured Solution, Pre-Configured Metadata, Pre-Configured roles, Pre-Configured Reports & Dashboard
Pre-configured Industry Solution Offering:List of features which would be available with us, once we develop Pre-Configured industry solutions
- Business process documents and reference templates for each & every sub-process
- Process flows with integration points
- Detailed test scenarios/cases that are ready to run using Microsoft Excel or HP Quality Center for documentation
- Data mapping templates
- Jump-start the implementation: The pre-configured business scenarios and the components in the SAP Solution Manager are ready to run, helping to jump-start your implementation activities.
- Avoid surprises: The pre-configured approach offers you the benefit of seeing the system from the early stages of the design/blueprinting phase to a final system walk-through at the end of the "build" phase.
- Improved ability to manage risk: A repeatable approach can help you to lower implementation risks.
- Focus on Regulatory compliance: With the use Industry Standard Solution (ITIL Process), the pre-configured system would be complying regulatory process.
- Comprehensive data migration tool kit by reducing data migration effort for roll outs and ongoing support
- Highly scalable model - can accommodate future learning's and dynamic business requirements
While this blog emphasizes on the significance of Pre-Configured Industry Solutions towards lean Implementation. In forth coming blogs, we would explain how Pre-Configured Industry Solution can be Implemented using IBM Maximo in detail.