Business Platforms: A Bundle of Benefits
As more and more clients seek to onboard Business Platforms ( the new and innovative service delivery model ) and partake in the next generation of outsourcing BPO and IT together, I have been thinking through the core benefits these clients are seeking to get.
The bundle of benefits business platforms hold for clients are:
- The ability to keep the technology and the business process layers synchronized over a sustainable period of time
- Gain from an wholesome end-to-end process optimization rather than looking at piece-meal optimality
- Move close to best-in-class companies on relevant business metrics through adoption of a simple and standard business process and tool
- Ability to make this quantum leap without much pain and carrying out the change management which comes with outsourcing
- Ability to deal with a single partner who manages the whole gamut of services – Infra application & BPO
- Ability to be agile and nimble in the process area moved to business platform , reducing rigidity and hence having the flexibility to meet emerging business needs
The bundle of benefits are essentially created through the 3 major planks of business process technology synchronization, Value-added IP layer of wrapper technology and multi-tenancy along with economies of scope through shared services. The above benefits are over & above the ingrained service model related benefits of reduced Capex and moving largely to an Opex model.
The uniqueness of the bundling of the infra & application cloud layer through value-added IP technology layer and BPO services is what creates the force multiplication of business benefits.