Human Workflows in BPM - Post 3
The first set of human workflow can be categorized under Process level tasks
Process level tasks are used by BPM system administrators and users either to manage a process life cycle related events or get visibility into the process.
* Process Deployment and Undeployment: A human with required credentials interacts with a process engine to either deploy or undeploy a process.
* Process Staged Deployment: A human participant is given authority to deploy a process in a BPM engine however the process is not available for execution unless it has been approved by another human participant or a set of human participants.
* Process Administration: A human participant interacts with a process instance or a set of process instances to manage run time administration tasks such as initiating a process instance, monitoring process instances, terminating a process instance and altering scheduling parameters.
* Process Visibility: A human participant (administrator or business user) interacts with a process to get information on the following:
-The overall execution status of a process i.e. number of pending and executed activities and their state.
- All pending activities across multiple process instances for a human participant and their dependent activities which are allocated to other human participants.
-All pending activities for a human participant and their impact on process SLA.
All activities allocated to subordinate roles and their execution status.
Though these set of activities may not constitute business interaction pattern, all the same these functions are often requested as a part of functional specifications in BPM projects.