Creating Parent – Child Blueprints
Steps to add related blueprint are very easy and straight forward.
First of all create two blueprints which you want to relate with each other. Suppose we have two blueprints named ParentBlueprint and ChildBlueprint.
Build both these blueprints. This step is important before defining relationship between two Blueprints as build process generates GUIDs which are required for parent-child blueprints relationship.
Now right click ParentBlueprint and open menu Blueprints ->“Edit Configuration”. Go to tab “Related Blueprints” in this and “Add” related Blueprint information for ChildBlueprint.
The information which needs to be provided is as follows.
- Description: As name suggests it is description for related blueprint. In example we have taken it is “Child Blueprint”.
- Workflow GUID: This is GUID which is used by Child Blueprint for showing WorkFlow command. You can get value of this command GUID from file “Commands.xml” in “Properties” folder of ChildBlueprint project.
Command which is used for WorkFlow looks like
Note that these entries are automatically added when you build blueprint. So building is necessay to get this GUID.
- Unfold GUID: This is GUID which is used by Child Blueprint for unfolding project using Blueprint. You can get value of this command GUID from file “Commands.xml” in “Properties” folder of ChildBlueprint project.
Command which is used for Unfold looks like
- Unfold: If this is true Child blueprint will get unfolded automatically whenever Parent Blueprint is unfolded.
- Dependent: if this is true Child Blueprint is marked to be dependent on Parent Blueprint.
Build ParentBlueprint now and you should see Parent-Child relation in Blueprint Manager as follows.