X-factor in XRM
Many of the CRM solutions are tied towards relationship management but it is not essentially towards managing a customer. This is where XRM comes into play and X could be an employee, patient, Investor, Partner, or anything. A typical CRM solution will have the lead to opportunity life cycle but in XRM it will vary depending on whom are you managing. In short, XRM means extended Relationship management.
The CRM products that are flexible and allow the re-use of the below features will qualify as the XRM product. This is where Microsoft Dynamics CRM scores over its competitors.
1. UI --> User interface is created by default in the dynamics framework. This can be easily modified and extended using .NET and Silverlight.
2. Event-Driven --> Microsoft dynamics provides the handle for all the events that cab triggered though batch, integration or through user interface.
3. Entity-based --> New entities can be created and the relationship can be established between these entities.
4. Workflow --> User can manage the work flow through a user interface or a new work flow can also be published by the developer.
5. Security --> Object-based and role-based security model provides the high flexibility to adopt the security requirements of any new processes and/or a new organization structure.