PeopleSoft to Taleo Integration - An Approach (Part 2)
Guest post by
Neha Barnawal, Senior Associate Consultant, Infosys
In the first part of the blog one of the approaches to integrate Taleo Talent Acquisition and Performance Management modules with Peoplesoft Core HR module is outlined which involves imparting the Peoplesoft data to Taleo via an outbound Interface.
A further description is as below.
Different files with following information will be generated by the Interface:
- Cost Center
- Users: Other than regular employees\
- Compensation unit
- Feed to Taleo Performance Management
Business Rules for creating the output
Business rules for the population implemented in each files are as below:
- All Regular Employees
- The latest information from the primary job record
- Active Job codes
- Job attributes such as Grade, Over Time Eligibility, Frequency and Salary Admin Plan
- Active Cost Centers
- Cost Center attributes such as Cost Center managers, Business unit
- Active Departments
- Department attributes such as Department Manager, Business unit
- All Temporary employees with Taleo Recruiter Roles: Taleo recruiter roles mapped to the Peoplesoft security roles
- Temporary employees can be a recruiter for the organization when they are subcontracted or temporarily hired for specialized recruitments
- All active work locations
- All active compensation units(SAL_ADMIN_PLAN in PS ) and its details
Feed to Taleo Performance Management
- All regular employees with HR status as 'Active' or 'Leave'
- Terminated employees since the last time information from PS has been entered into Taleo
- Translation and mapping of PSFT roles and conditions to Taleo Recruitment and Performance roles
The above approach can be used for any Taleo to PeopleSoft integration by incorporating the right set of assumptions, extension of the business rules and functionality of the Interface.
The interface can be extended to the reporting and analytics processes also. An Inbound Interface will be required for Peoplesoft if the data flow has to happen from Taleo to PS.