Cost Effective And Flexible Shared ERP Solution for SME Segment (Part-3)
Guest post by
Ajay Ashok Verekar, Senior Consultant, Infosys
Benefits to System Implementer -
In current clumsy market condition, businesses from top customers are reducing and competition is very high, so this solution will give opportunity to IT companies to explore more customers. This solution is same like implementation of ERP system for high value customer which is having multiple businesses and organisations globally.
- New business opportunity will be available. More customers will be joined which will make IT companies to connect with more business or organisation. This will give better future opportunities.
- Revenue model needs to be developed for such shared ERP instance business. Revenue or profit can be generated from License cost, hardware and software cost. Support business will also generate more revenue.
- We have mentioned Oracle system but IT companies can develop their own ERP system for such solution. Oracle or Siebel are offering On Demand products which are also cloud based products. Hence with partnership with Oracle, companies can offer such ON Demand Product as part of solution to SME.
- This solution is not only applicable for MFG organisation but also applicable to distribution or other type of business.
- Supply chain Engine. - If this ERP system is designed properly then with help of cloud computing, SI will able to develop supply chain engine. This will connect to all customer and supplier together in one instance or it can be easily connected to other business if customer permits to do so.
- OEM develops their product by outsourcing and markets with help of third party distribution chain. Such OEM will want to go for such one instance system which they can implement ERP system at supplier or distributor end with less cost and less maintenance.
Solution will empower small and medium enterprise to go for good ERP system. This will give cost beneficial and flexible solution to all SME. Business growth opportunity to IT companies and companies can create supply chain engine using same solution and using cloud technologies. System will help reduce the carbon footprint globally due to use of shared resources.
Meet Infosys experts at Oracle OpenWorld 2013, Booth No. 1411, Moscone South
Explore more at http://www.infosys.com/oracle-openworld
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/infosysoracle