Oracle Project Manufacturing - A complete solution for project manufacturing based industries
Guest post by
Srushti Gogate, Senior Associate Consultant, Infosys
Oracle Project Manufacturing is a part of the Oracle e-Business Suite which provides integration between Oracle Projects and Oracle Manufacturing applications. Typically in project based organizations like aerospace, manufacturing and EPC industries, Oracle Project Manufacturing; commonly referred as PJM provides a robust and comprehensive solution for managing project finances and supply chain.
Manufacturing and EPC industries predominantly indulge in execution of large scale projects with huge budgets extending over a long period. In addition to budgeting and financing, project execution also involves supply chain functions like Order booking, procurement, assembly and other shop floor activities which are well taken care by respective Oracle Suite of products like Order Management, Purchasing, work in Process etc. PJM facilitates manufacturing activities to be undertaken for specific projects thus seamlessly integrating Oracle Projects suite of products with all the manufacturing applications.
Some of the key features of PJM include:
- Streamlined process to support project supply chain management
- Cost Group feature which allows a single item (Material) to have different cost for different projects
- Planning group feature which enables user to better manage demand and supply
- Project based Procurement in combination with Oracle Purchasing and i-Procurement
a. PJM enables to raise inventory Purchase requisitions and place purchase orders on vendors against specific projects to procure material required
b. It also enables to receive the material at specific project locators
- Inventory Tracking based on project in combination with Oracle Inventory
a. PJM enables to track the inventory available at specific project locators and manage material costs for the project
- Project based discrete work orders in combination with Oracle Work In Process
a. PJM enables building of assemblies on shop floor for specific projects and helps tracking of resource and overhead cost.
- Project Planning in combination with Oracle Advance Supply Chain Planning
a. PJM provides a very robust functionality of material planning for a project and automatically generating supply documents to meet the demand.
b. It provides functionalities like hard and soft pegging which involves reservation of material for specific projects
- Inter and Intra project transfers
a. PJM facilitates transfer of project material within tasks of a project or from one project to another
- Effective cost tracking in combination with Oracle Projects
a. PJM enables collection of all manufacturing transactions against a project and posting them to GL.
- Track customer orders for specific projects in combination with Oracle Order Management
a. PJM, along with Oracle Order Management provides a facility to capture and track customer demand for individual projects.
- PJM also provides some advanced features like Task Auto Assignment which allows user to default tasks of a project during manufacturing transactions thus saving effort.
Oracle Project Manufacturing thus bridges the gap between supply chain operations and project execution activities thus ensuring better control for the industries.
Meet Infosys experts at Oracle OpenWorld 2013, Booth No. 1411, Moscone South
Explore more at http://www.infosys.com/oracle-openworld
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/infosysoracle