Oracle Sales Cloud
Guest post by
Prity Tewary, Senior Consultant, Infosys
Infosys has lately been involved in multiple implementations of "Oracle Sales Cloud": An Oracle solution focusing on 2 key areas: Sales Planning and Salesperson Productivity.
This blog highlights some of the important modules of the product in each key area, Challenges and Learning's from past few implementations and the adoption roadmap that Infosys recommends for an organization to achieve the desired business benefits from an Oracle Sales Cloud implementation.
- Sales Planning: It's important to realize the need to automate and focus more on Sales Planning; instead of treating it as a non-revenue generating function. Analysis shows that managing territories through excels and home grown solutions is time consuming, error prone and has a higher Total Cost of Ownership.
Modules Recommended: Oracle Fusion Territory Management, Oracle Quota Management, Oracle Incentive Compensation
- Sales Productivity: Many organizations primarily conduct their sales process using Outlook or excels. In such a scenario there is lack of visibility of ownership resulting in dead or duplicate leads and lost opportunities. There is confusion and inconsistency in Lead and Opportunity qualification in spite of regular trainings conducted.
Modules Recommended: Oracle Lead, Opportunity and Forecast Management
There is a substantial time required for developing organization's best practice Sales Method and Assessments.
Process standardization to cover rollout to other countries is a challenge.
Comprehensive geography data is not readily available.
There is no address validation against the master geography setup during customer import.
- There should be substantial emphasis on development of organization's best practices prior to project initiation.
- There should be adequate representation of core team for process standardization.
- A vendor should be identified who can provide a complete set of master geography data needed by the business for assigning territories.
- Correctness of customer address should be ensured before import.
Infosys recommends a 2 phased approach for Oracle Sales Cloud implementation:
I. Phase 1- Sales Productivity
Focus on implementation of vanilla functionality of Oracle Sales Cloud. Infosys' offers an Oracle Cloud Fixed Price Solution for the customers to implement the product in a fixed time with measurable business value.
Modules to be implemented:
- Lead Management
- Opportunity Management
- Territory Management
- Customer Center
- Sales Catalog
II. Phase 2- Implementation of additional Oracle Sales Cloud functionality
- Sales Desktop (Outlook)
- Sales Mobile ( Iphone, Android, Ipad)
- Incentive Compensation etc.
Overall business value achieved with Oracle Sales Cloud implementation includes but is not limited to, increased Sales Velocity through process standardization, increased sales productivity and Selling Time through process automation, increased Customer Satisfaction and Conversion Rates and increased Revenue.
Meet Infosys experts at Oracle OpenWorld 2013, Booth No. 1411, Moscone South
Explore more at http://www.infosys.com/oracle-openworld
Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/infosysoracle