Leverage the Power of Oracle PaaS for Next-gen Application Development
In a marketplace where business environments are constantly changing, organizations need robust, scalable, flexible, and commercially viable technology platforms that can meet their dynamic business needs. The adoption of cloud has helped several enterprises build, extend and host applications on public cloud. Those enterprises that resisted the early wave of cloud adoption are now trying to catch up to realize its benefits. Despite concerns around security, integration, architecture, etc., hybrid cloud models continue to evolve, helping enterprises to:
- Focus on core development without worrying about infrastructure
- Invest in quick provisioning and faster outcomes and deployments
- Leverage innovative models that address infrastructure/application maintenance challenges
- Achieve business agility with Oracle Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) for Software-as-as-Service (PaaS4SaaS)
Currently, enterprise adoption of PaaS is 27% and is expected to reach 72% in the next 5 years. PaaS allows enterprises to build applications quickly, deploy securely without having to manage the entire platform. While Oracle has designed and launched several successful SaaS applications, it has also released 24 new PaaS services in the past quarter. Some of the mature PaaS services are being adopted by enterprises to build extensions (PaaS4SaaS) and customizations.
Let us take a look at some of the newly launched, ready-to-use and popular Oracle PaaS services:
- Integration cloud service (ICS) is extremely useful for quick and easy integration between cloud or on-premises applications
- Java Cloud Service (JCS) supports any Java EE (JEE) application powered by WebLogic Server.
- Java Cloud Service for SaaS extensions (JCS-SX) builds extensions for SaaS applications such as customer relationship management (CRM) and human capital management (HCM)
- Mobile Cloud Service (MCS) is Oracle's Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (MBaaS) offering
- Document Cloud Service (DCS) used to sync and share files
- Process Cloud Service (PCS) enables rapid process automation and productive work management
The best way for enterprises to explore the above services is to identify use cases, design and choose the appropriate PaaS service and build proof of concept (POCs) by getting free trials or by subscribing to services based on the pricing structure.
To know more, please attend the session at Oracle OpenWorld 2015. Infosys is a Diamond sponsor at the event. Details of the session mentioned below:
Venue / Room: Oracle Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Showcase Theater, Moscone South
Date and Time: 10/28/15, 11:00 - 11:20