A leading Professional Service provider is evaluating their Business Model to enable eCommerce for business sales. More importantly it is being assessed during transformation phase from On Prim to Cloud. To me, it really looks like a game changer move to evolve eCommerce DNA right at the inception of platform change. It would not really matter if the eCommerce solution is implemented immediately or at a later stage. Point is that Business has cleared its intention and solution should be designed to give configuration and fulfillment experience to End Customer even if it's at a later stage. Oracle CPQ fits perfectly for their quote to order journey with its capability to accurately manage the innumerable factors that come with current B2B dealings. Blog aims to brings forward all the reasons as to how CPQ factor into all this
· Uniformity across platforms eases the usage wherein end customer can start on a mobile device and finish it on a tab or a desktop. CPQ provides consistent user experience and empowers easy usage across channels
· Attractive pricing is the key for great conversions. End customers can be grouped under various criteria and offers can be given based on preemptive planning on pain areas. Targeting the right customer at right time is the end target. CPQ offers part pricing, attribute and complex formula based pricing. Additionally end customer has the capability to compare prices of products and services selected to make the appropriate decisions.
· Guided Selling is a strong feature that will navigate end customer through complex product offerings in a simplified way; concurrently pitching for up-sells and cross sells. These are achieved though recommendations, hiding, constraints rules based on organizational requirements and best practices to be followed as learnt from experiences. Intelligent recommendations become crucial to success.
· Large chunk of transactions are repeat orders where end customers can review their transaction history from transaction page in CPQ.
· Full featured shopping cart ease the usage with one click checkout and easy modification of quantity of offerings selected
· CPQ also provides easy access to various finer details essential for a typical eCommerce flow including shipping methods and payment terms
· Personalized branded proposals can be done as per organizational needs
· CPQ Cloud supports integration with industry leading provider of electronic signature solutions DocuSign where documents can be electronically managed with real time updates back to CPQ.
· Payments are also supported where in CPQ eCommerce Transactions Cloud Service can integrate with various payment dispensation players.
Culturing Do-It-Yourself ethos leads to higher realized margins where Oracle CPQ is offering easy and high quality buying. To add on top of it, Oracle CPQ provides eCommerce APIs to integrate with Commerce Cloud in case you want to continue with it to avail best benefit of both worlds. In a nutshell, let the Customers buy in a way they prefer - via Sales Agent, self-service or Partners and in a channel they prefer! Rapidly growing Oracle CPQ surely enables an intuitive customer experience in all dimensions!