Building A HCM Roadmap for Existing SAP HCM Customers Part 3 (Final)
Example of a Roadmap for an existing SAP HCM On-premise customer
Current Customer Background
XYZ divides its services into three service portfolios; Infrastructure, Applications, and Business Process Outsourcing. Infrastructure services includes maintaining the operation of part or all of a client's computer and communications infrastructure, such as networks, mainframes, "midrange" and Web servers, desktops and Laptops, and printers. Applications services involves the developing, integrating, and/or maintaining of applications software for clients. Business process outsourcing includes performing a business function for a client, like payroll, call centers, insurance claims processing, and so forth.
The Americas: 80,000 employees (Out of that around 60,000 employees are in US)
EMEA: 40,000 employees (Out of that around 30,000 employees are in UK)
APAC: 8,000 employees (Out of that around 5,000 employees are in ANZ)
Current Global HCM Landscape
• SAP HCM (ECC 6.0, EhP 1) PA & OM module is deployed in 54 countries
• Integrated SAP On premise Payroll module (Net Pay) and Time Management (with Time Evaluation) is deployed in five countries:
- United States (15,500 hourly or salaried non-exempt, 44,500 salaried exempt, Managers Administrative support and HR & Payroll specialists)
- Australia & New Zealand
• Interface with third party payroll software or provider exists in other countries
• Interface with various third party Talent Management software across the globe.
• No integrated ESS, MSS, HR Admin/HR Professional roles or mobility.
• Fragmented HCM Analytics which doesn't cover all HCM functions in all the countries.
• Blended Reporting Solution - Standard SAP reports , InfoSet Query , SAP Query , Tax Reporter , B W and Custom ABAP reports
• External vendors and internal systems, 84 Inbound and outbound interfaces
XYZ's Business Challenges
One of XYZ's strategic pillars is to attract and retain talent for growth and for innovation. The XYZ Human Resources (HR) division is on a transformation journey to restructure the HR Division and upgrade their Human Capital Management (HCM) processes & technology to support future growth and innovation.
XYZ developed a number of guiding principles when forming the requirements for the HCM Program - these are:
- Supports HR transformation vision
- Simplify the way we work & how we interact with each other
- Effective use of the talent pool
- Empowering and engaging staff
- Standardized practices across the enterprise
- One source of integrated data
- Enterprise wide reporting capability
- Elimination of paper through seamless workflow
- Available to all staff and easily accessible (including mobility)
- Support future business needs
The Scope of the XYZ's HCM Program is to implement the full suite of SuccessFactors Solutions. The modules being implemented are:
- Employee Central
- Employee Central Payroll
- Recruitment , Onboarding & Recruitment Marketing
- Performance & Goals
- Workforce Analytics
- Benefit Focus
The overall Program Timeframe will be a 24 month program. The following is the Roadmap of the program: