External Payroll Integration solution - Achievements and benefits
Posted on behalf of Krishnakumar Ramamoorthy, Technology Architect, Infosys
In this blog series, we looked at the Acme Company and its integration challenges in Part 1, Acme's future goals and study of client situations in Part 2. In this part, let's look at achievements, benefits delivered and lessons learnt.
By leveraging the Infosys IMPACT framework that combines Infosys' project management methodology with SuccessFactors SAP Launch Methodology, Infosys implemented a strategic solution for:
- SuccessFactors Employee Central within fixed time frames of 14 weeks.
- 14 weeks includes: Design, Implement, Testing, Data Migration, Language Translation, Production Cutover, and Post Go-Live Support for Pilot and Rollout
- Employee Central Integration with Third Party External Systems using Dell Boomi cloud integration platform has been delivered for 17 countries.
- Germany Go-live is in process.
- Switzerland Roll-out is being planned.
Some of the key benefits delivered by this integration include:
- Better visibility and control of Employee data at the HQ level.
- Employee Central acts as Regional HR system of record.
- Employee Data Integration with Payroll System is carried out via Automated Batch Jobs.
- No manual intervention by the Client Team during Payroll Processing.
- All Systems will be in Sync and there is no Risk associated with some employees are not getting paid on time due to non-availability of required data.
Some of the key lessons learned by Infosys integration team include:
- Understand data flow between different Service Provider Systems / Potential implications to business processes.
- Use a vendor recommended Cloud Integration Architecture.
- Identify interface-compatible data integration methods via Webservice, SFTP etc.
- Use Generic Integration Architecture to reduce significant reduction in integration implementation time and cost.
- Resources with deep on premise knowledge of Personnel Administration, Benefits, Time, and Payroll can help to devise solutions.
- Lack of buy-in for this change, particularly from local HR managers. Coupling with regional workshop, we made extra effort involving key members to the project at an early stage to build the ownership towards the change.
Looking forward for your comments on this payroll integration blog series. I invite you to visit Infosys booth #410 at Sapphire Now and meet Infosys SuccessFactors experts who can definitely help you out with designing and implementing the best payroll integration solution for your company.